Diffractive Optical Elements (DOE) Splitters
II-VI provides Diffractive Optical Elements (DOEs) for demanding industrial and consumer applications. DOEs are lithographically patterned and offer complete phase control of transmitted light without limitations imposed by refractive optics. A micron-thick active phase-transforming layer is directly etched into chemically inert dielectrics on robust fused silica substrate. An organics-free material platform is characterized by excellent reliability and can withstand harsh environmental conditions, high optical power and temperatures up to 500°C. II-VI DOEs undergo extensive quality assurance, have a proven reliability track record and are competitively priced.
Fabrication is based on robust deep ultraviolet (DUV) photolithography and a reactive ion etch process. Wafer-scale DOE optics are mass-produced using robust volume fabrication methods of the electronic IC industry and is easily scalable to multiple millions of micro-optical devices per year.
- Diffraction limited performance
- Good transmissivity
- Low background scatter
- Customizable design
- Micron-thick active layer
- Etched directly into robust fused silica substrate and chemically inert dielectrics (no organics or polymers)
- Wafer-scale mass production
- Withstand temperatures up to 500°C
- High power handling up to 125 GW/cm2
- Excellent long-term reliability.
- Structured light for 3D sensing (cell phones, consumer electronics, autonomous vehicles)