II-VI’s optical assembly capability allows customers to minimize optic handling, thereby reducing risks such as damage and contamination. We offer these vertically integrated capabilities:
- CREO 3D modeling, CREO Simulate, ANSYS
- Precision machine shop work
- Precision plating processes
- State of the art optical alignment techniques
- Low cost manufacturing
- Clean room capabilities
II-VI designs and manufactures prototypes or production quantities. Our engineers can design unique mount and assembly procedures or build optical assemblies to original equipment manufacturer (OEM) specifications. This latter ability reduces the work needed at the customer’s facility to assemble the optical component for use.
Special facilities, manufacturing, procedures, and technician training programs are essential to the repeatability and precision required in the optical and electro-optical components and device assembly. At II-VI, various optics assembly and mounting stages are performed in Class 10,000 clean rooms and on Class 1,000 Laminar Flow benches.
By designing and producing optical assemblies, II-VI helps the customer:
- Reduce the risks associated with handling optics
- Reduce the potential for distorting the optic within the assembly
- Enable mounted optic testing