II-VI Thought Leaders to Present at the Lasers & Photonics Marketplace Seminar
II‐VI Incorporated (Nasdaq: IIVI), a global leader in engineered materials and optoelectronic components, announced today that it will exhibit industry-leading products and capabilities at SPIE Photonics West, Feb. 1-6, 2020, at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, Booth #1427, and at BiOS Expo, part of Photonics West, in Booth #8131. These products and capabilities are enabling photonics innovations in diverse markets, including in communications, materials processing, life sciences, automotive, consumer electronics, and more.
New products and capabilities:
- High-Speed Datacom VCSELs on 150 mm GaAs Technology Platform: II-VI’s high-speed VCSELs developed for datacenter transceivers are now available on its scalable 150 mm GaAs platform to meet the expected high-volume demand for optical HDMI cables.
- Water-Cooled Aluminum Variable Radius Mirror (VRM) for 20 kW Lasers: II-VI’s new VRM is water-cooled to enable laser processing heads to achieve a power rating of 20 kW and above. The VRM is made of aluminum, which is 80% lighter than comparable copper and stainless steel solutions. VRMs enable laser processing heads to precisely maintain the focal point of the laser beam on the workpiece by adjusting the mirror’s radius of curvature.
- Electro-Optic Modulators for Ultrafast Lasers: II-VI’s electro-optic modulators enable ultrafast lasers to generate a series of highly controlled energy pulses at rapid intervals to achieve precision machining tasks such as scribing, drilling, and marking at a very high speed.
II-VI will demonstrate the shaping of short pulses down to femtoseconds using the WaveShaper® 100A/SP Programmable Single Polarization Filter, to enable precision micromachining and multi-photon optical microscopy applications.
In addition, II-VI thought leaders will participate in the Lasers & Photonics Marketplace Seminar presented by Laser Focus World in cooperation with SPIE.
- Giovanni Barbarossa, Chief Strategy Officer, II-VI Incorporated, and President, Compound Semiconductors
Executive Panel: The Global Photonics Marketplace–Key Trends, Markets, and Technologies
Monday, February 3, 2020 – 11:10 a.m.
- Karlheinz Gulden, Vice President, Laser Devices & Systems Business Unit
Sensors and Sensing Panel: VCSELs vs. Edge-Emitters and the Race for New Applications
Monday, February 3, 2020 – 4:00 p.m.
II-VI will also participate in a special presentation hosted by the University of Arizona’s Wyant College of Optical Sciences:
- Julie Sheridan Eng, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Optoelectronic and RF Devices Business Unit
Influencing the Future: 3D Sensing Market and Technology
W San Francisco Hotel
Tuesday, February 4, 2020 – 7:30 a.m.
Conference papers presented by II-VI:
- Polarization-Stable 940 nm VCSELs for Sparing (Invited Paper)
Authors: Petter Westbergh, Sonia Quadery, Haiquan Yang, Hao Chen, Frank Flens, Richard Chan, Tsurugi Sudo, II-VI (U.S.); Dan Kuchta, IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center (U.S.)
OPTO 2020 – Vertical-Cavity Surface-Emitting Lasers XXIV
Session 3: High-Speed VCSELs: Commercial, Paper 11300-11
Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 1:40-3:10 p.m.
- Directly Modulated Lasers for 100 Gbaud Nyquist PAM4 Transmission (Invited Paper)
Authors: Yasuhiro Matsui, Roberto Rhode, Ferdous Khan, Martin Kwakernaaka, Tsurugi Sudo, II-VI (U.S.); Di Che, Sethumadhavan Chandrasekhar, Junho Cho, Xi Chen, Peter Winzer, Nokia Bell Labs (U.S.); Ricard Schatz, KTH Royal Institute of Technology (Sweden)
OPTO 2020 – Novel In-Plane Semiconductor Lasers XIX
Session 6: Datacom and Telecom, Paper 11301-25
Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 3:40-5:30 p.m.
Additional upcoming trade shows: