PITTSBURGH, September 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – II‐VI Incorporated (NASDAQ:IIVI), a leading provider of optical solutions for networks, today announced that Dr. Sanjai Parthasarathi, Vice President, Strategic Marketing, II-VI Photonics will be a speaker at ECOC 2018 taking place in Rome, Italy the week of September 23, 2018.
Dr. Parthasarathi will share his unique perspective on exciting new market trends during two invited talks:
- Lasers and Optics for Emerging Applications in Sensing, at the Special Workshop on High-Volume Applications of 3D Sensing in Consumer and Automotive Markets, on September 23 at 1:30 PM CET.
- Advances in Disaggregated Line Systems for Emerging Data Center Interconnects – Opportunities and Challenges, at Market Focus, in the session on Optics in Cloud Computing, on September 24 at 12:10 PM CET.
II-VI will exhibit at ECOC 2018 in booth #323 and will showcase the most recent additions to its broad portfolio of differentiated solutions for optical networks. These will include:
- The twin flexband 1xN WSS powered by the Gen-2 LightFlow™ switch engine with 12.5 GHz bandwidth granularity for next-generation coherent long haul and metro networks.
- The dual port pluggable Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) for embedded network monitoring applications in carrier and data center networks.
- The 3-pin micro-pump and 8-pin mini-DIL pump lasers now available at 400 mW and 500 mW respectively, to enable next generation coherent transceivers.
II-VI’s product showcase includes one of the industry’s broadest and most vertically integrated portfolios of products for ROADM line cards and highly compact optical amplifier solutions tailored to enable high bit rate DWDM transceivers.