Multicast switches help route optical channels between the wavelength selective switches and add/drop ports in reconfigurable optical networks. Multicast switches have a unique broadcast and select architecture that enable ROADMs to be “contentionless”. Multicast switches can be custom designed from 2 to 16 channel ports and from 2 to 16 degree ports. Each multicast switch is manufactured using qualified building blocks such as MEMS optical switches, PLC splitters and photodiodes for channel-port monitoring. Multicast switches integrated with EDFA-arrays are also available.
- Low insertion loss per port
- High insertion loss uniformity
- No thermal dissipation required
- Contentionless ROADM switching
- 4x4, 4x8, 8x12, 8x16 or other ROADM configurations
- Integrated MCS/EDFA-Array
Product Inquiry Form