Twin 1x4/1x5 Edge WSS
II-VI’s Twin 1x4/1x5 Edge Wavelength Selective Switch (WSS) modules feature dynamic switching of up to 48 channels on 100 GHz of channel spacing. In the Nx1 switch configuration, the WSS can direct any wavelength from any one of the N colorless input ports to the common output port. In the 1xN configuration, the WSS can direct any of the wavelengths from the common port to any of the N output ports. The 1xN and Nx1 configurations are field selectable. Each wavelength can be independently switched, attenuated or blocked.
The WSS enables dynamic wavelength routing for optical path protection, reconfigurable add-drop multiplexing (ROADM), and optical cross connect (OXC) applications. The WSS module can also be designed into a 1xN optical drop applications.
Based on our proprietary LightFlow™ technology, the WSS modules feature low insertion loss, wide dynamic range, high channel counts, low polarization dependent loss and exceptionally low power consumption. The lightFlow™ liquid crystal technology platform is highly reliable and the WSS modules are Telcordia compliant.
- Up to 48 channels on 100 GHz channel spacing
- Integrated channel equalization and blocking
- Hitless switching of any channels to any port
- Remote software configurability
- Low insertion loss, wide bandpass & block bandwidth
- Ultra-low power consumption
- No moving parts and highly reliable
- 5G Optical Access Networks
- Reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexing (ROADM)
- Dynamic wavelength switching and provisioning
- Network interconnection, protection and restoration